This document describes enhancements and fixes introduced in the 1.17 release of Endpoint Backup (formerly known as Unitrends Cloud Backup).
VSA security – Beginning around mid-day (EST/US) on Friday, July 02, 2021, Kaseya’s Incident Response team learned of a potential security incident involving our VSA software. The Kaseya VSA team took swift actions to protect all customers. Due to Kaseya's compartmentalized design of its IT Complete platform, this incident did not impact Endpoint Backup or any other VSA module. For more on Kaseya security, see these resources: Kaseya's IT Complete - Compartmentally Designed for Both Security and Workflow Functionality and Kaseya VSA Incident Impact to Unitrends.
What's new in release 1.17
Release 1.17 includes these enhancements:
- Endpoint Backup agent – This release includes agent version 1.17. Unitrends recommends upgrading to the latest agent version to benefit from new features, fixes, and performance enhancements.
- Windows 2008 R2, 64-bit– You can now protect 64-bit Windows 2008 R2 assets. The Windows asset must be running PowerShell 3.0 or higher and this update: Windows6.1-KB3004394-v2-x64.msu (see https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=45633).
- Configure > Assets – Added column sorting, pagination, and the option to display 10, 20, 50, or 100 rows per page.
Configure > MSP Settings – Added an MSP Settings page where you can view these Endpoint Backup storage configuration settings:
– Region – The Unitrends Cloud region where backups are stored.
– UUID – Unique identifier of your Endpoint Backup instance.
– Host Name – Cloud storage host name.
– Alias – Cloud storage alias.
The table below lists fixes included in the 1.17 release.
|Backup Status > History||
|Restore > Recover