Disable SMB2-only enforcement to allow Sharepoint backups, Oracle backups or Hyper-V Instant Recovery
Unitrends provides regular security patches to address vulnerabilities as discussed in Unitrends Response to certain security vulnerabilities (CVEs) - Reference Article.
As part of these security patches, the Unitrends system can be configured to only allow SMB2 access however certain applications are not fully functional when using SMB2.
Currently, the following application features do not allow SMB2 support:
- Hyper-V Instant Recovery
- Sharepoint application protection
- Oracle application protection
To revert from SMB2-only, run the following commands:
After changing this setting, in the UI, restart the SMB serivce using the folwing steps:
- Navigate to Configure, select your Unitrends appliance then click Edit.
- Under the Advanced tab, select the Support Toolbox.
- Click the Samba on/off to disable, click it again to re-enable.