Instructions for creating USB flash drive for imaging a next-generation or S-series appliance
Instructions for creating a new USB image for imaging NextGen Appliances.
- Install imageUSB and ext2fsd on the Windows machine (see Notes for links)
- Plug-in the USB flash drive to the Windows machine
- Start imageUSB and select the correct drive (Step 1)
- In Step 2, select Write image to USB
- In Step 3, click the Browse button to select the .bin or .ios Appliance Image File that you downloaded.
- In Step 4 click the Write button. The writing process will begin.
- Once completed, exit from imageUSB and safely remove and eject the USB flash drive.
- Insert into a USB 2.0 port on the Recovery Appliance and boot to being the image process.
The ROS90013_usb.el6.x86_64-052316_1702.bin Factory Image was used for this example, which is for the new S series systems (e.g.: 714S-xxx-xxxxx).
- Appliance Image – ftp.unitrends.com/support/isos/FactoryImages
- USB flash drive – The 8GB Unitrends USB 2.0 flash drive that came with the appliance or a similar USB 2.0 flash drive (4GB min size, max size 16GB)
- Windows machine – A Windows machine (Windows 7 or higher)
- Image Burning Software imageUSB - http://www.osforensics.com/downloads/imageusb.zip
- If needed, ext2 drivers for Windows - http://sourceforge.net/projects/ext2fsd/files/latest/download?source=files