ISSUE: You have updated the Unitrends system or made modifications to the storage. You receive the following message when logging into the Web Administrative Interface.
As presented in the HTML Web Administrative Interface:
- Connect to the Unitrends system using an SSH capable client (e.g.: putty.exe) and authenticate as the user root.
- Verify that the storage allocated (below in dark red) is what you expect by executing this command:
[[email protected] ~]# df -hP Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/sda2 976M 262M 664M 29% / tmpfs 7.8G 0 7.8G 0% /dev/shm /dev/sda1 239M 25M 201M 11% /boot /dev/sda5 5.8G 1.1G 4.5G 20% /usr /dev/sda3 50G 4.8G 42G 11% /usr/bp /dev/sda6 3.9G 211M 3.5G 6% /var /dev/mapper/vg_state-lv_backup 12T 8.4T 3.7T 70% /_Stateless
- If it looks normal, then it is possible a hidden stop file is to blame. Execute this command to see if it exists: ls -rlasth /usr/bp/lists.dir/.disable_rrc
[[email protected] ~]# rm /usr/bp/lists.dir/.disable_rrc 4.0K -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 100 Apr 18 12:36 /usr/bp/lists.dir/.disable_rrc
- If the results include details of the file, then it exists and must be removed. Execute this command to remove it: rm /usr/bp/lists.dir/.disable_rrc
Confirm that you want to file deleted by typing y and pressing the Enter key.
[[email protected] ~]# rm /usr/bp/lists.dir/.disable_rrc rm: remove regular file `/usr/bp/lists.dir/.disable_rrc'? y
- Restart the Unitrends Database...
- Stop the database by executing this command: /etc/init.d/bp_rcscript stop
[[email protected] ~]# /etc/init.d/bp_rcscript stop Stopping Unitrends Agent...Success.
- Start the database by executing this command: /etc/init.d/bp_rcscript start
[[email protected] ~]# /etc/init.d/bp_rcscript start Starting Unitrends Agent... Success.
CAUSE: The file is placed in order to ensure a that a consistent state is maintained on the system. In some cases, when a disconnect in communications occur (latency or network disruption for example), the call to remove the file is not received/processed and the file remains.
The file can be removed if you see that the system is functioning from the command line interface.