PHD Exporter and NFS: Configuring Windows 2008 R2 to connect to NFS backup data stores
The following instructions describe how to configure a Windows 2008 R2 server to allow the PHD Exporter to connect to an NFS backup store.
- On the Windows 2008 R2 machine, open the Server Manager dialog (Start > All Programs > Administrative Tools > Server Manager).
- Select Roles, then click Add Roles.
- In the wizard that opens, click Next.
- Select File Services and click Next, again.
- Select Network File System tool, then complete the wizard.
- Next, open the Network and Sharing Center (Start > Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center).
- Click Change advanced sharing settings.
- Make sure both Network discovery and File and printer sharing options are turned on, as seen in the following image.
- Next, click Start > Computer, then click Map Network Drive.
- Use the Map Network Drive dialog to enter your NFS export information (for example, 192.168.1.1:/path/to/share).
- Finally, open the PHD Exporter and use the Configuration, Backup Data Stores tab, to add the NFS data store.
Note that when adding the path to the NFS data store, it must added as a Windows share. For example, 192.168.1.1:/path/to/share should be entered as \\192.168.1.1\path\to\share.