You need to protect a backup from deletion but have not placed a legal hold or the retention period you have set is soon to expire.
To place Legal Hold on a backup after it has been created:
Using the Current Interface:
- Click on Restore > Backup Brower
- Locate the backup to place under hold and select (May need to use filter panel on right for date/time and asset options)
- Click the Hold option. This will prevent this file and any related backups from being deleted.
Using the Legacy Interface:
- Click on Settings > Storage and Retention > Backup Browser
- Click the check box next to the backup job you wish to place the Legal Hold on.
- Click the Legal Hold Settings at the bottom.
- Click the Hold Forever option. This will prevent this file and any related backups from being deleted.