This article addresses how to resolve when a backup or restore job fails with the message “Timed out waiting 3 minutes to Retry, and a reboot of the client does not resolve the issue.
The root cause of a backup or restore failure could be either network related or port 1743 is locked down.
To resolve this issue, complete the following procedure:
- Restart the BPAgent service.
- Verify that the Unitrends system responds to a ping issued from the client command line.
- Verify that the client responds to a ping issued from the backup system; if the client does not respond to the ping command, allow incoming echo request (ping) with Windows Firewall.
- Add port 1743, 1744, 1745 into Windows Firewall exception list.
- Add the wbpr.exe, wbps.exe ,ssb.exe, and bpnetb.exe programs to the Windows Firewall exception list.
- Adjust to use a dynamic data port in C:\PCBP\master.ini by changing the line “data=1745” to “data=1744”. For example,
Additional informaionMicrosoft Windows Server Help: Windows Firewall How To...
For more detailed information on backup failures and performance issues see Unitrends KB 5062 - Backup Failures and Performance Issues.