Recover - FLR tab (8.0)
The File Recovery tab is used to view, create, and manage file recovery objects. Creating a file recovery object results in a Windows (CIFS) share that provides access to all of the files and folders within the backup.
Figure - FLR Tab
You can choose the object by clicking the check box next to the object name. In order to view the disk name and size, click the arrow next to the object name. After selecting the object to be recovered, click to open the Recover Files window. For more information on recovering files see File Recovery dialog (8.0). To remove an FLR Object from the table, select it and click .
Note: Files containing symlinks that point outside the mounted filesystem will not be available for recovery.
Once your file recovery has been created it will appear on the FLR tab.
- Select the check box next to the object name and click . You will be prompted to enter your User Name and Password. Enter the admin credentials you used to log in to the web interface.
Click Submit to continue. The File Recovery Details window will appear. It will contain the object Name, the backup date, retrieval Path, User Name, and Password.
Highlight the Path using your cursor and copy. You will need this path to paste into a Windows Explorer address bar in order to access your files locally.
Click Close to exit.
Viewing Files in Windows Explorer
- Open Windows Explorer and paste the path into the address bar.
- Click on the arrow to the right of the address bar or hit enter.
- If required, enter the file recovery username, phdflr, and the password you assigned to the share (the same one as entered into the Credentials section) and click OK.
- After entering your password, the files will be ready to access.