How to exclude the system state metadata when getting warnings.
An error message like the one below when a backup job is only running an inclusion or an exclusion. In order to fix this, we need to exclude the system metadata in the backup job.
----- Error Messages -----
System environment meta-data file was excluded from backup, because not all critical volumes are included.
Windows Instant Recovery is not possible for this backup.
----- End Error Messages -----
- Log in to the Unitrends user interface.
- Choose JOBS, then the Job Manager tab.
- Choose the client that needs to have the schedule changed, then press Edit.
- Choose the client needed in the drop down list, then under Job Inventory Settings, click Edit.
- Click the Advanced tab and check the Exclude System State check box, then press Save.
- Now press Save on Backup Job screen.
- Let a new job run to verify that the warning message is no longer received.