Step by step instructions for using a removable device to seed an archive data store at another location.
Procedures for performing a rapid seed with UVB 8.0.
The following procedure details how to perform a rapid seed for UVB 8.0.Â This assumes that there is a Presentation, Management, and Engine Virtual Backup Appliance(s) (VBAs) into the Source environment with Backup storage and an understanding of how to deploy UVB Engines and configure storage.
It may be necessary to seed the UVB archive target when there is a large amount of data or if there is limited bandwidth between the source and target sites.
Deploy a new Engine into the Source environment with removable storage attached.
Attach the storage to the new Engine as Archive storage.
Create an Archive job(s) for the Backup schedules that are to be archived offsite.
After the archive is complete perform the following steps:
1. Disable the Archive job.
2. Remove the Archive storage from the Archive Engine within the User Interface.
3. Remove the Archive Engine from the hypervisor.
4. Start an inventory sync to remove the Archive Engine from the UVB inventory
5. Transport the storage device to the offsite/Target location.
At the Target site, perform the following steps:
2. Attach the storage which contains the seeded data to the newly deployed Engine as Backup storage.
3. Deploy a second Engine (this will eventually be the permanent Archive Engine)
4. Attach storage to the Engine as Sync storage.
Edit the properties of the UVB-Temp engine to point it to the sync storage engine.
After the Synchronization is complete (view status in the Protect section on the Sync Tab), perform the following steps:
Detach the Sync Storage from the Engine by clicking Remove
Add the Sync storage, which is the permanent storage, back to the Engine system as Archive storage.
Modify the Archive job to point to the new Archive storage Engine
Detach the Backup storage from the temporary Engine system which contained the temporary storage.
Remove the temporary Engine from the hypervisor
Start an inventory sync to remove the Archive Engine from the UVB inventory
Now the new Archive Jobs will go to the permanent Archive Engine