To provide instructions for modifying the maximum number of concurrent running NDMP jobs.
Note: The maximum number of concurrent NDMP connections varies by vendor, device, and your licensing with the vendor.
The maximum number of running NDMP jobs is set at the client-level. This value defaults to 2. Jobs exceeding this maximum are queued and run as NDMP connections become available. This value must be modified if you wish to have more than two NDMP jobs running concurrently.
To specify the maximum number of concurrent running NDMP jobs:
- Read your vendor’s documentation prior to continuing with these procedures. Make sure you know the maximum concurrent NDMP connections your device supports.
- Using a terminal emulator, such as PuTTY, connect to the Unitrends appliance.
- Open the file usr/bp/bpinit/master.ini in a text editor.
- Go to the [Configuration Options] section of the master.ini file and add the line maxRunningNdmpJobs.
- Set the field to the desired value. Example:
[Configuration Options] ... maxRunningNdmpJobs=4;
- Save your changes and exit the text editor.
For more information about protecting NDMP devices, see NAS Protection using NDMP in the Unitrends Recovery Series and UEB Administrator's Guide.