Use these steps if you need to attach an existing backup data store disk to a new Virtual Backup Appliance
In the event you need to attach an existing backup data store disk to a new Virtual Backup Appliance, if the origin VBA becomes unresponsive or for another reason, you can reuse the existing backup data store disk by attaching it to a new VBA. Use the steps below to complete this task:
- Power down the old VBA through your hypervisor client.
- After powering down the old VBA, detach the BDS disk from VBA VM.
- Deploy a new VBA (if required).
- Use the hypervisor client to a attach a new hard disk to the new VBA.
- Using the Web UI, go to the Configure page. On the Environments tab, select the VBA.
- One the Storage tab located at the bottom of the page, click Add Storage.
- Select the newly added disk and click Add. If the disk doesn't show up, click the Refresh button.
- When finished adding the new disk, click Submit.