Configuring your server for Exchange log truncation
Unitrends Virtual Backup v8 and later uses diskshadow.exe when it performs Exchange log truncation. Diskshadow.exe comes pre-installed on Windows Server 2008 and higher, so no separate installation is needed.
To allow diskshadow to run from the Unitrends VBA, Admin Approval Mode must be disabled on the Exchange server:
- Open the Local Security Policy Management Console window (secpol.msc).
- From the Security Settings console tree, double-click Local Policies, and then double-click Security Options.
- Scroll down and double-click User Account Control: Run all administrators in Admin Approval Mode.
- Select the Disabled option, and then click OK.
- Close the Local Security Settings window.