This article provides information to resolve DPU appliance update errors caused by yum timing out before the package arrives.
Updates to the appliance fail with
“[Errno 4] Socket Error: timed out
Trying other mirror.”
This can be caused by yum timing out before the package arrives. This is often caused by network devices that scan inbound files for downloading. Yum will only wait 30 seconds before timing out.
If it takes longer before the download begins, you can add entry to the yum.conf file that will make yum wait longer.
** Warning for advance users only **
- Log into the backup appliance via ssh (putty.exe)
- Edit the yum.conf file (vim /etc/yum.conf)
- Add entry under the [main] section, called timeout=300.
- Exit vim and save changes (:wq)
- Now run: yum clean all
- Now back in the Unitrends interface, Configure -> Updates. They will now install without the timeout error.