Steps for keeping specific backup sets forever.
Ensure specific backups are never deleted by any retention setting.
To mark a backup so it is not deleted, open the Unitrends Backup UI:
- Select "Recover" from the left pane.
- Expand the appropriate backup set.
- Select the specific backup(s) you wish to keep from being deleted by checking the box next to the backup's date and time.
- Click the "Hold" button in the top button bar:
- The held backups will be displayed in green with the hold icon next to them:
Release a Backup Hold
To release the hold on held backups, simply check the box next to the held backup(s) and click "Unhold" in the top button bar: