All backups fail. I noticed the IP listed in the Applications tab is not the one I use to connect to the Web Administrative Interface. (New deployment or IP Address changed)
Changing the Address for the network interface will not change the IP address that the Unitrends Appliance will present to the Protected Assets. This must be done by editing the /etc/hosts file, which can be easily done from the Web Administrative Interface.
- Go to CONFIGURE > Appliances (tab). Take note of the APPLIANCE name an ADDRESS listed.
- Click on Network and notice the IP Address of the IP address listed in the ADAPTER section below for the network where the backups will go through.
- Click the Edit Hosts File button.
- Locate the Unitrends appliance using the details from step 1 above. Click the checkbox next to the Hostname and then click Edit.
- Change the IP Address to the correct one from step 2 above. Click Save, then close.
- Click on the REPORTS (page) and then click back to the CONFIGURE (page). You should see the correct IP ADDRESS listed for the APPLIANCE in the Appliances (tab).
More than likely, the Unitrends Appliance was configured under one IP address (such as via DHCP) and then the network interface address was changed to the proper for the network it will protect. This does not change the setting in the /etc/hosts table which is directly related to the value shown for the IP address in the Appliance tab and what is reported to the computers you want to protect (we call these computers Protected Assets).