Add a new disk to a UVB appliance using the vSphere client
This article provide instructions for adding a new disk to a UVB appliance deployed in VMware using the vSphere client.
Adding an Attached Disk to a UVB 8.0 running in VMware
- Select the appliance and click Edit virtual machine Settings.
The Virtual Machine Properties dialog will open.
Click Add. The Add Hardware dialog will open.
- Select Hard Disk and click Next.
- Choose the Create a new virtual disk option and click Next.
- Set the disk capacity. The size entered here is the amount of space you will allocate for storing backups. Configuring the disk as thick provisioned and in independent-persistent mode is recommended. When finished click Next.
- Set the Virtual Device Node and click Next. Note that the disk must be added to the second virtual device node, SCSI (0:2).
- Review your settings and click Finish to add the disk. Click Back to change settings.
When you configure your backup storage either using the Quick Setup or later, you will choose this attached disk as your backup data store.