If the installable UB /backups partition was created as a Linux LVM, it can be expanded.
For Installable UB (OnMetal) systems, they are allocated a certain amount of storage at install time based on the size of the /backups partition. If the /backups partition was created as a Linux LVM, it can be expanded.
The following requires the administrator be knowledgeable in Linux and LVMs.
To expand backup storage for Installable UB:
- Add additional storage for the /backups partition. If adding internal disks, shutdown the system.
- Bring down the Unitrends software so there is no activity on the disk:
- Expand the LVM mounted as /backups to include the new storage (e.g. using Linux commands pvcreate, vgextend, lvextend, and xfs_growfs).
- Start the Unitrends software again:
- Download the device size update script:
- Update the D2D device size in the database:
The "update_metal_size" script will detect the size of the /backups partition, do a little math, and apply that to the D2DBackups device which resides on /backups. This script will only make changes if the new size is larger than before.