This document describes enhancements and fixes introduced in the 10.3.3 release. For upgrade instructions and considerations, reference the Upgrade Guide for Recovery Series, Recovery MAX, and Unitrends Backup.
Unitrends 10.3.3 builds on the success of Unitrends 10.3.2 with the following enhancement:
- Pause/resume multiple active jobs – Tuned this feature for faster performance. This is especially useful when selecting many jobs in large environments.
The table below lists bugs that were resolved in this release. Unless stated otherwise, you can resolve each bug by simply upgrading your appliance.
- Windows image-level backup of NTFS volumes – Resolved an issue that could cause jobs to fail due to miscalculating the size of NTFS volumes.
- File-level backup with Use SSL option – Resolved an issue where the Use SSL option was not being applied correctly to non-Windows assets.
- Hyper-V, SQL, and Exchange backup – Resolved an issue that could cause backups of these Windows applications to fail with this error: Cannot open file "C:\PCBP\lists.dir\<fileName>" because the system cannot find the file specified. (2) <Error> Unitrends agent was not able to create Volume Shadow Copy. This fix requires upgrading both the appliance and the Windows agent.
- Oracle on Linux - Resolved an issue where backups were failing with a device is busy error.
- SharePoint - Resolved an issue where full farm backups run on versions 10.3.2 -10.3.3 could fail with a Process_Terminated error.
|Backup Copy (Cold)
- Failover of Windows replicas to VMware – Resolved an issue with unneeded snapshots being retained on the virtual host. Failover jobs now properly remove and consolidate snapshots.
- ssl_error_log – PHP warnings/notices will no longer display in the ssl_error_log.
- VMware recovery to large volumes – Resolved an issue that caused recovery to fail on volumes larger than 2.2PB (petabytes).
- Windows 2008 R2 – Resolved an issue where some recovery operations could fail due to a PowerShell incompatibility. Applies only to recovery of Windows replicas, Hyper-V backups, and Windows image-level backups.
- Windows 2016 – Resolved an issue where Windows replica restores and Hyper-V instant recovery of newer Windows 2016 versions could fail due to Microsoft changing its operating system naming convention.
- SQL clusters – Resolved an issue that caused recovery of cluster databases to fail with a communications error.
- Windows image-level backup – Resolved an issue where instant recovery of image-level backups was failing on CentOS 7 Recovery MAX appliances.
|SQL inventory sync
- Fixed a memory leak that prevented SQL assets from being added or updated in inventory. This issue occurred in the inventory sync that runs automatically each night and in manual sync operations initiated by users (by selecting the Inventory Sync option).