This document describes enhancements and fixes introduced in the 10.4.5 release. For upgrade instructions and considerations, reference the Upgrade Guide for Recovery Series and Unitrends Backup.
This release includes updated Windows core and bare metal agents. The 10.4.5 core agent is recommended for all Windows assets and is required for Windows fixes in this release.
||For Windows image-level backups of UEFI systems, backups may auto-promote to a new full after upgrading from a pre-10.4.4 agent if a Microsoft System Partition has the same disk/partition number as another volume.
The table below lists fixes included in this release. Unless stated otherwise, you can apply each fix by simply upgrading your appliance.
- Fixed an issue that could lead to increased memory usage.
- Self-signed certificates – To address certificate expiration on virtual appliances, a new 3-year self-signed certificate is now automatically created when installing appliance updates. Note that if you are using a certificate from a Certificate Authority (CA), you must manually install new certificates as needed. CA certificates are not created while installing appliance updates.
|Cold Backup Copy
- Importing copies from tape or disk media – Resolved an issue where this incorrect error message was displayed if no serial number was present on the media: Could not allocate memory for request. With this fix, the following error message now displays: Inconsistent data for archive set [ID]: [media_type] serial number is empty.
- Attached disk backup copy target – Resolved an issue where attached disk media was not detected properly by version 10.4.4 appliances. Backup copy jobs would fail with this error: Failed to retrieve device information. Take the device offline and re-scan to see other connected media. Error: No serial found for media [device name].
- Backup copy to tape – Resolved an issue that could cause the copy job to hang indefinitely.
- Backup copy size test – The Test button on the Backup Copy Job dialog is used to view the estimated size of the job and determine whether the target has enough space available for the new copies. This release fixes a Target media is required error seen upon clicking the Test button.
- Recovering a VMware VM from a synthesized backup – Resolved an issue that could cause the recovery to fail with this error: First file in archive was not metadata.xml.
- Recovering files directly from a hot backup copy –
– Resolved an issue that could corrupt the downloaded .zip file, Unitrends-Restore.zip. This error would display when trying to access the files: Windows cannot open the folder. The Compressed (zipped) Folder '...\Unitrends-Restore.zip' is invalid.
– Resolved an issue that could cause recovery to fail with the error No host found for the provided IP address, so no remote request will run.
- Windows replicas –
– Fixed an issue that caused the replica to halt due to running out of space during a restore. The agent was attempting to restore files to a folder configured with a very restrictive Access Control List (ACL). The agent could not access the folder, which resulted in files being restored to a temporary directory which eventually ran out of space. With this fix, the agent can now apply backups to these restricted folders.
– Fixed an issue that could cause the replica restore process to hang indefinitely.