The Job Manager tab is where you can create, edit, copy, or delete jobs.
The Job Manager tab is where you can create, edit, copy, or delete jobs. You can also view the details of each job by clicking .
Figure - Job Manager tab
The Job Manager table consists of the following columns:
- Name - Name of the job.
Status - Current job status. Statuses can read:
- Idle () - Job is ready to run automatically at next scheduled interval.
- Active - An instance of this job is running (see Active tab).
- Error () - An error has occurred while saving the job.
- Saving - The job was edited or created and was submitted.
- Disabled - The job was disabled (will not run on scheduled interval).
- Type - Type of backup job.
- Created - When the job was created.
- Schedule - Summary of the job schedule/backup job type.
- Last Run - Last time the job ran.
Creating a Job
See Create Backup Job dialog (8.0) for more information on how to create a backup job.
Editing a Job
To edit an existing job, click at the top of the tab. A dialog window similar to the Create Backup Job dialog (8.0) one will open. Here you will be able to edit the original job inventory and defined settings from when the job was first created.
Note: The Now radio button on the Backup Job Type is not active in the Edit mode. To run the job immediately, close the dialog. Click at the top of the tab for Virtual Full or Full/Incremental and for just Full/Incremental jobs.
Copying a Job
Similar to creating and editing, you can also copy jobs by clicking . See Create Backup Job dialog (8.0) for more information.
Deleting a Job
To delete a job, simply select the job(s) and click at the top of the tab. The Confirm Job Deletion window will open.
Click Confirm to finish deleting the job.
When you click at the top of the tab, another table will appear at the bottom of the tab. The table will be sorted by name. Below is the View Details table as is appears on the Job Manager tab:
Figure - View Details for Job Manager
The View Details table displays:
- Name - Name of the VM.
- Engine - IP address of the Engine Appliance that will perform the job processing.
- Storage - Name of the Storage the VM will be backed up to.