Steps to restore access to the user interface when a failed update or hung process temporarily disables it.
- Unable to log in to the user interface (UI).
- The following error is displayed: "Summary: Your username and/or password were not recognized. Detail: [System] Access to the user interface has been temporarily disabled by a process on the System. This is usually performed in order to ensure a that a consistent state is maintained on the system. If this state persists for several minutes or more, please contact Unitrends Support."
- Verify /usr/bp/lists.dir/.disable_rrc does not exist.
ls -la /usr/bp/lists.dir/.disable_rrc
- If the file does exist, remove it:
- If the file does not exist, reference: Unable to log in or "/" is 100% full when using VMware (vmware-root issue)
- Verify access to the UI has been restored.
- It is recommended to reboot the appliance to ensure proper release of lock files and initiation of all processes.
This may be caused by a failed update or configuration settings that were not fully initiated.