After deploying a new UEB and taking a few backups, you may get an error of no more space on the device, even though you have significant amounts of free space.
After deploying a new UEB, adding storage, and running a few backups, you get the following error message:
Check logfile in /usr/bp/logs.dir/bpserv
FATAL: NO MORE SPACE ON DEVICE (DESPITE RECOVERY ATTEMPTS)
For more information on "Out of Space" conditions see Unitrends KB 5046 - Error: No more space on device
Ensure the storage is set to the value that is expected:
- Use the Legacy Administrative Interface, accessible by typing the URL using https and the directory of recovery console (Example: https://10.10.10.1/recoveryconsole/)
- Select Settings > Storage and Retention > Storage Allocation.
- Click on the up arrow of the Instant Recovery section and set it to 3. Click Confirm.
- Go back into Storage Allocation and click on the down arrow of the Instant Recovery Section.
- Note the size of the storage in the Backups/Replication box (you will need this later). Click Confirm
- Settings > Storage and Retention > Backup Devices > D2Dbackups.
- The Custom section should have the Radial button selected and the value should be the same (or 1GB less) than the value in the Backups/Replication from step 5.
One of two issues has occurred:
- The storage on the Unitrends system has not be completely allocated due to a missed step. (affects UEB deployments and newly reimaged Recovery-Series systems)
- The resources for the Unitrends system have been left at the default values (affects UEB deployments only)