Animated steps for testing a VM backup
- Navigate to Recover > Backup Catalog
- Locate and select the recovery point you wish to test then click Instant Recovery
- Under "Define Recovery Options" click the box next to "Recover this VM in Audit Mode"
- Select a target storage, and if needed, also an alternate host (location), resource, and/or network, then click Next
- If desired, change the name of the VM to be restored then click Save
- Go to the sub-tab "Instant Recovery" select your new VM and click "View Details" to see its current status
- When the VM becomes available successfully you know the VM backup is usable for recovery!