I just installed the Client Agent on a computer I want to protect. I still do not see it in the Unitrends system.
There are two steps to protecting an asset using the Unitrends Client Agent.
- Install the most recent Unitrends Client Agent.
- Add the asset to the Protected Asset page.
Creating a new Job for a newly added Client Agent
- Select Jobs > Active Jobs > Create Job > Backup
- Select File Level Assets in the What do you want to backup? list.
- In the Inventory tree, check boxes to select the asset(s) you want to protect. Selected assets will be displayed in the Job Inventory Settings section on the right.
- You can search for an Asset by typing the name in the Search field (see 2 above) and pressing the Enter key.
- Check the Auto-include new assets box to automatically add newly discovered agent-based assets to the schedule (see 4 above).
- Edit Job Inventory Settings to apply options, such as data to include or exclude and commands to run pre- and/or post-backup: locate the asset in the list and click Edit, modify settings, then click Save to retain any changes (see 5 above.
- Click Next (see 6 above).
- Select Now or Create a Schedule to specify when you want this job to run. If you choose a Schedule, enter a unique Job name.
- Set remaining JOB DETAILS and OPTIONS:
- Set remaining Job Details and Options:
- In most cases, the standard backup modes can be used to create the schedule
- If you need more granularity, choose the Custom mode and do these steps to create a custom backup calendar:
- Click the calendar icon next to Click to Edit.
- In the Calendar dialog, select a backup mode in the Backups area and drag it to a day on the calendar. (You cannot drag to a day in the past.)
- In the Add Backup dialog, modify settings as desired, then click Save.
- Repeat these steps to add other modes to the calendar.
- Click Save to save the settings and close the Calendar dialog.
- Click Save in the Create Backup Job dialog to save the calendar.
- Click Save.
- Click OK to close the Success message.
- If you created a schedule, the job runs at the date and times specified.
- If you chose Now, the job queues immediately. Click Active Jobs to view the running job.