Each virtual backup appliance's VM console can be accessed via the hypervisor client
When deployed, each virtual backup appliance's VM console can be accessed via the hypervisor client.
Figure - VM Console of the PHD Virtual Backup Appliance accessed via hypervisor client.
To log in to the VM's console menu, hit Enter and type a user name and password. Each appliance can be accessed with default credentials admin and password.
Note: PHD recommends changing this password. Use the Command Shell option to open a command prompt and use the command passwd. Additional details on using the Linux passwd command.
Figure - Appliance console login.
After logging in, you're presented with the console menu, as seen in the following figure.
Figure - Appliance console menu.
Menu options include the following options management options and configuration settings for each individual appliance.
- Network Interface Management - Manage the network settings for each network interface card attached to the appliance VM.
- Command Shell - Root command shell access to the appliance VM.
- Support File Upload - Upload support files to PHD support for this appliance. Note: SCP traffic must be allowed through your firewall to allow support files to be sent.
- System Jobs - Configure job schedules for system jobs, Orphan Hunt and Snap Hunt.
- Tasks - Currently not implemented.
- Status - Currently not implemented.
- View Top - Open a Linux top session.
- Reset Web User Credentials - Resets the credentials used to access the web interface to admin and password.
- Reboot/Shutdown - Menu to reboot or shutdown the appliance.
- Logout - Log out of the appliance menu.