Viewing a Single PHD VBA (VMware vSphere)
These instructions apply to PHD Virtual Backup for VMware vSphere v5. 1.4 and above.
The PHD Console displays backup and configuration information for all available PHD Virtual Backup Appliances. If you have a larger environment with multiple PHD VBAs deployed, there may be situations where you want to limit the PHD Console to display only information for a single PHD VBA. For example, this may be useful if you need to make a configuration change immediately for one PHD VBA and you do not want to wait for the backup and configuration information for all other running PHD VBAs to load.
To limit the PHD Console to a single PHD VBA, use the PHD Virtual Backup login dialog which is accessed via the Windows Start menu.
To access a single PHD VBA from the PHD Console
- If open, close the PHD Console.
- From the Windows Start menu, select PHD Virtual Backup.
The login dialog opens.
- Enter the credentials for your vCenter or ESX/ESXi server.
- At the bottom of the dialog, click more...to expand the additional option.
- Select Show Single VBA and enter the display name of the PHD VBA you want to access.
- Click Connect.
The PHD Console opens and only information for the PHD VBA you specified is displayed.