This tab displays all configured virtual environments in a familiar tree view
The Protect page's Inventory tab displays all configured virtual environments in a familiar tree view.
Figure - Inventory tab
The Protect page Inventory tab allows you to:
- Quickly create backup, restore, archive, and replication jobs by selecting the appropriate button at the top of the page
- View recent backup, replication, and archive status.
- See the jobs each VM is protected within.
- Quickly view and manage VM settings like Retention and Backup Storage.
For more information on how to create jobs, see one of the following:
- Create Backup Job dialog (8.0)
- The Recover drop down for the following Jobs:
- Create Replication Job dialog (8.0)
- Create Archive Job dialog (8.0)
The Status table displays the VM name, the last five backups, replications, and archives, as well as the name of each job associated with them, by column.
Figure - Status tab
The Status tab consists of the following columns:
- Name - Name of the VM.
Backup - Status indicators for the last five backups.
In the Backup column, you can find the details of the last five jobs created. The most recent job status is displayed in the icon to the right. Clicking on the success or error icons will open a dialog window with the status details:
Figure - Status details window
Here you will see the job name, date and time the job was created, the job mode, and disk status including the disk name. Clicking View Log opens a dialog window with a time log of the job. For details on the log window, see View Log under Jobs - Recent & Recent System Jobs tabs (8.0).
- Jobs - Displays the jobs associated with the VM.
- Replication - Status indicators for the last five replication jobs.
- Archive - Status indicators for the last five archive jobs.
The Settings table displays the VM name, the priority and backup data store assigned, the retention policy, block size, and compression settings along with the application aware credentials if used.
Figure - Settings tab
Selected VMs in vm table - will be pre-selected in the backup dialog when opened.
VM Settings include Backup Data Store and Retention. These can be edited for one or more VMs at a time by selecting the VMs in the table and clicking . See Edit VM Settings dialog (8.0) for more details.