Resetting PHD VBA Network Settings (VMware vSphere)
If you are experiencing networking issues with a PHD Virtual Backup Appliance that cannot be resolved using the PHD Virtual Backup Console, or if you are deploying a new appliance and do not have DHCP enabled in your environment, you can use the VBA's virtual machine console within vSphere Client to configure the network settings.
Note: This method will allow you to configure the settings for the first network adapter on the PHD VBA, only. If configured, the settings for the second adapter (Storage Adapter) will be reset to use DHCP.
To reset the PHD Virtual Backup Appliance's Network settings
- Open vSphere Client and select the PHD Virtual Backup Appliance virtual machine.
- Click the Console tab then click inside the console window.
Type CTRL-N to open the Network Configuration menu.
- Use the Arrow keys on your keyboard to select either DHCP or Static and enter the new network settings.
- When complete, select OK and hit Enter.
- Restart the appliance to confirm the updated network settings.