The PHDVB BDS can be encrypted by sending an XML message using the PHD Console's admin tools interface. Find out how in this article.
The PHDVB BDS can be encrypted by sending an XML message using the PHD Console's admin tools interface.
Important Note: Once encryption has been set for a PHD VBA's backup data store it cannot be disabled.
- Use the standalone PHD Console, enter your credentials and click more...
- Connect to the PHD Console with the code enabletools.
- Click Tools, then click the File System Encryption tab.
- Click Load VBAs then select the PHD VBA from the dropdown menu.
- Click Get Encryption Settings to display the current XML.
- Edit the XML to include a password and the required encryption details.
- Click Put Encryption Settings to send the encryption details to the PHD VBA.
Currently the supported values for cipher : bytes are:
aes : 16, 32, 24 des3_ede : 24 cast6 : 16, 32 cast5 : 16
NOTE: Replication and Encryption - Replication VBAs must have the same encryption type and passphrase as the backup VBA. Perform the steps above for all PHD VBAs involved in the replication process (the PHD VBA that owns the backup data store and any PHD VBAs that will be replicating from that backup data store. If PHD VBAs do not share the same encryption type and passphrase, you will encounter an error, BDS validation failed. Mount failure.