Disk selection: Include or exclude disks per VM in Unitrends Boomerang.
I need to include or exclude a disk for a virtual machine in a Protection Group.
- Click the Protection Group name from the dashboard to navigate to its page.
- Select the gear beside Virtual Machine Protection, then click modify.
- After the virtual machines are populated under "Supported Virtual Machines" you'll see three small boxes.
- The center box is tree view. Select tree view and then click the virtual machine name for which you wish to edit the disk list.
- Check/uncheck as desired.
- Independent disks cannot be backed up.
- Disks over 1023GB can be replicated and restored, but not deployed due to AWS/Azure restrictions. A warning will be displayed if the disk is too large.
- Per virtual machine: New disks are automatically included and backed up until a disk is unselected, at which point new disks must be manually included.
- As of 2.1.0 unselecting a disk will cause all disks of the pattern [VMname/diskname.vmdk] to be excluded regardless of datastore. To avoid issues ensure all disks are uniquely named.