When doing the initial setup, the storage may fail to configure correctly
During the setup of storage you may receive an error:
storage configuration failed - error starting processes or storage configuration failed - error during mount
We would first ask that you verify you are deploying to a system that meets the minimum requirements, as HyperV or VMware Workstation/Player instances are NOT valid for Unitrends deployments.
Attempting to use Hyper-V on Windows 10 or VMware Player cannot be supported by Unitrends and will not work.
Supported deployment methods are
VMware VSphere Deployments
- VMware ESXi 6.5
- VMware ESXi 6.0
- VMware ESXi 5.5
Microsoft Hyper-V Deployments
- Windows Server 2016 (Nano Server installations are not supported) and Hyper-V 2016
- Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows Server 2012 with the Hyper-V role enabled (all editions, excluding Core)
- Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 and Hyper-V Server 2012 (free versions)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 with the Hyper-V role enabled (all editions, including Core)
- Hyper-V Server 2008 R2 (free versions)
Citrix XenServer Deployments
- Citrix XenServer 6.5
- Citrix XenServer 7.0
- Citrix XenServer 7.2
- Citrix XenServer 7.3
Nutanix AHV Deployments
- Acropolis Operating System (AOS) version 5.1.4 or higher
Minimum required trial resources
- 64 bit hypervisor / environment
- 170 GB of provisioned disk space
- 2 vCPUs for the Unitrends Backup VM
- 4 GB memory for the Unitrends Backup VM
Once you have verified this, we would ask that you attempt to re-download the latest copy of the Unitrends appliance, and re-attempt deployment, choosing not to add your storage via the deployer, but rather waiting until you have completed the Setup Wizard and gotten to the Dashboard first.
Failing this, please contact Unitrends support, and have the Storage Vendor, Model, and Transport Method (DAS/FC/iSCSI/NFS/CIFS) handy and we can troubleshoot further.