PSA: Configuring it to send tickets to a custom ConnectWise �Board�
How to configure the PSA ConnectWise feature to sent tickets to a custom ‘Board’
The default ConnectWise Board is set to ‘Professional Services’, but this can be overridden by using the /usr/bp/bpinit/master.ini configuration file. This can also be used to configure the default Status for a created ticket (default=’N’ for New).
Note: This requires using command-line access.
1) To change to using a Board named ‘MyBoard’, edit the file /usr/bp/bpinit/master.ini, and
find the [PSA] section.
2) In the [PSA] section, you can see comments about the Board and Status fields:
;Board=Professional Services ; Clients can store the tickets in different boards to manage who a ticket gets assigned to
;Status=N ; Status of a ticket that is created
3) So add a line to the PSA section with the parameter you wish to change, for instance:
and save the file.
4) Subsequent PSA events will use the new parameter.
How to edit master.ini with “vi” in step 3 above
1) Type ssh –l root <IP address of system>
then give it the appropriate root password.
2) Type “vi /usr/bp/bpinit/master.ini” and press Enter.
3) Type “/^.PSA” and press Enter.
4) Type “o”, then “ Board=MyBoard” where MyBoard represents the custom Board.
5) Press the Esc key to finish that line.
6) Type “:wq” to write and quit the edit session
If you make a mistake, you can type “:q!” at any time and start over.
If you don’t feel comfortable with “vi” or the command-line access please contact Unitrends Support for help.