PHDVBA contains a file system with errors, check forced
If a PHD VBA fails to start and a file system error is displayed in the VBA's hypervisor client console, you can reboot the VBA and run a file system check (fsck) to correct the problem.
An example file system error is displayed, below:
fsck from util-linux-ng 2.17.2
PHDVBA contains a file system with errors, check forced.
init: ex-linux-distribution main process (574) terminated with status 127
init: ex-linux distribution main process (633) terminated with status 127
PHDVBA: Inodes that were part of a corrupted orphan linked list found.
To run a file system check to repair PHD VBA errors
- When a file system error is encountered, first restart the PHD VBA manually (from the hypervisor client, select the VBA virtual machine and click restart).
- When the VBA restarts, the following message is displayed:
PHDVBA: UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY; RUN fsck MANUALLY.
(i.e., without -a or -p options)
mountall: fsck /  terminated with status 4
mountall: Filesystem has errors: /
- At this point, type m. A root prompt is displayed.
- Next, type fsck followed by Enter.
- At each prompt thereafter, type y to continue the process.
- When complete, restart the PHD VBA again.