Release Notes for Boomerang 2.1.0
Release Notes for features and enhancements in the Boomerang 2.1.0 release are described below.
VMWare 6.5 Support
- Boomerang now supports VMWare vSphere/ESX/VCSA 6.5 and 6.5 update 1.
New Regions and Instance Types
- New AWS regions: Mumbai and Seoul
- New AWS instance types: p2, r4, x1, i3
- New Azure regions: Iowa, California, Quebec, Toronto, Sao Paulo, Frankfurt, Magdeburg, Cardiff, London, Seoul, Busan.
Enhanced Network Configuration
- Changing IP address no longer requires a reboot.
- We're resolved several issues with switching between DHCP and static IP addressing.
- There's a new application to switch from DHCP to static IP addressing via the VMWare console.
Updated OS Packages for New Image Deployments
- Newly deployed images contain the latest CentOS 6.8 packages.
- The appliance license is now cached for 24 hours to prevent replication failures which could be caused by communication problems with the license servers.
- In addition to the regular hourly schedule, retention is now processed after each replication to ensure cloud data is updated as soon as possible.
- To better integrate Boomerang Support with the Unitrends Support ecosystem, we're retiring the Zendesk support widget. The Boomerang Support menu has been updated with a new Support page which contains links for several new forms of support. If SMTP is configured email tickets can be created directly from the Support page.
- We've reviewed the hyperlinks throughout the product to ensure they are working and up to date.