A change in a password in the environment results in backups which no longer complete successfully, this KB provides steps to update the credentials of a protected asset.
A password changed in the environment and backups stopped completing successfully.
1. Navigate to Configure > Protected Assets
2. Select the box next to the protected asset which had the change in credentials
3. Click Edit up above
4. On the new dialog that comes up select Manage Credentials (or for a virtual host just enter the credentials and click Save)
5. Select the credential name and click Edit down below
6. Enter the new credentials and click Save, then Done, then Save again