How you can determine using the new HTML5 web administrative interface if the database is relying on dedupNT or dedupDB
If the result is dedupNT=1, then the system is using dedupNT. Do not upgrade beyond 9.1.1 until you have contacted Support and they have helped you migrate out of dedupNT into dedupDB first.
To verify if they are running dedupNT by using this process...
Using the HTML5 Administrative Interface:
- Click on the Asset and select EDIT
- Click on Advanced tab, then click on General Configuration button at the bottom.
- Click on the Name column to sort by names. Then, look for the MetadataGeneration field.
- If the value to the right of dedupNT is 1 you are using dedupNT.
- If the value to the right of dedupNT is 0 you are using dedupDB.
Using the SSH Command Line Interface
- Connect to the Unitrends system using an SSH terminal Client (e.g. PuTTY) and log in as the user root. Then execute this command sting:
[[email protected] ~]# echo "dedupNT=`/usr/bp/bin/bputil -g "fileDedup" "MetadataGeneration" "NULL" /usr/bp/bpinit/master.ini`" dedupNT=1