This message may be displayed when attempting to run a schedule or create a new job.
When attempting to run a schedule or create a new job, backups may fail with "Backup is taking longer than expected to queue. Monitor the status of the backup to verify that it queues."
First, confirm all backups are failing. This condition will normally impact all backup jobs.
Check the latest bpserver log and confirm it is unable to make connection with the host.
Verify your hosts file shows the correct IP and hostname for your system.
- Open the appliance user interface (UI)
- Select "Configure" on the left.
- On the Appliances tab, select the "Network" subtab (at the bottom).
- Select "Edit Hosts File"
- Be sure the IP address associated to the name of your Unitrends appliance matches the actual IP address of the unit. If it does not, update it to the current eth0 address.
- If the host file is correct, next review the hardware. This may be an indication of a file system issue, hardware failure or storage performance (if occurring on a UB hosted by a hypervisor).
- Also, review the overall load of the appliance. Confirm that the appliance is appropriate sized or UB is provisioned according to best practice for the protected assets and functions it is performing.