Once you have downloaded and deployed your Unitrends appliance, you will need to register/activate it to gain access to downloads, updates, and our award winning Technical Support services.
If you want to make your registration virtually flawless:
The Unitrends System has access to the Internet:
1) Register the Unitrends Asset.
2) If you have already purchased your license, you can also select "I need to active my purchase" and enter the Activation Code.
Licenses are processed within one business day however you are covered under your trial license for 30 days.
To Register your Unitrends Backup using the new HTML5 Web Administrative Interface:
- Click on CONFIGURE
- Click on Appliances tab, and click on the Asset you want to register.
- Click on Edit. This opens a new dialogue box
- Click on License.
- Click on the Upgrade button which will open a new page to the Licensing portal.
NOTE: If you do not get a new Tab or Page with the Registration Form, please follow the instructions in KB 4089 to resolve the blocked Pop-up issue.
If you have not done so yet, select Register and complete the online form. This will get your Unitrends Asset into our system. This is good until you receive your Activation Code and can activate your full license. It also gives you access to all Unitrends Support options for 30 days.
Once you receive your Activation code from your UniRep (Unitrends Representative), follow the process above, but then click “I need to activate my purchase”. Enter your email address and the Activation Code you received.
No Internet? No problem!
If you do not have Internet Access, please document the following information and email it to email@example.com to obtain a license.
Note: For all troubleshooting issues, please tell us how we can help through the chat button in the bottom-right of the screen.
- Click on the ? symbol and select About.
HINT: As an alternative, you can connect to the Unitrends system via SSH (use PuTTY or similar) and provide to use the output from executing this command: bptool -v
- Provide to use the following
- The Asset Tag of the system
- The MAC Address
- The Hostname
- Your Activation Code